Our Earth Day Tiny Climate Acts challenge was a success thanks to all of you! The Green Places team is excited to announce that as of Earth Day we reached 1,576 trees planted!
That’s equivalent to removing 263 MT CO2e from the air!
Here’s a quick recap of the April 1-22 Tiny Climate Acts challenge:
- #1: Optimere with 409 total Tiny Climate Acts
- #2: Faire with 404 total Tiny Climate Acts
- Honorable Mentions: Reachdesk, Levitate, Spiffy, Salesloft, bartaco, Raleigh Founded, RentCheck, Pendo, Reunion Marketing
- #1: Michael at Optimere with 100 total Tiny Climate Acts
- #2: Carolina at Optimere with 86 total Tiny Climate Acts
- #3: Noemi at Faire with 64 total Tiny Climate Acts
It has been so inspiring to see everyone’s enthusiasm for helping the planet and all of the creative ideas that were shared. And, since we’ve had such a great response, we’ve decided to leave the Tiny Climate Acts website open for submissions until we reach 2,022 trees, so please feel free to continue sharing!
To cap off our Earth Day activities and to celebrate Green Place’s first year in business, our team spent the afternoon cleaning up local trails and creeks in Raleigh. As we worked our way through our designated improvement area, we found a creek bank off the beaten path. Erosion had caused garbage to drift down the creek and pile up, and there were tires being used to prevent erosion that had become dislodged, so we cleared them from the waterway. After carefully scaling the steep bank and wading through the water, we were able to fill multiple trash bags from just this one spot. As we continued to explore, we found some beautiful old glass bottles that included an original 1970’s Pepsi bottle, which we kept as mementos of our adventure together.